"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
-Julia Child

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Hummingbird cake



When I came across this recipe I was intrigued hummingbirds are so lovely , I just had taste it
So this weekend I gave it a try the recipe seemed pretty straightforward and simple I was confident I couldn’t mess it up

And it was fairly easy to prepare but as for the results …I was a little disappointed guess because of it’s name and the ingredients I was expecting something else more exciting… different …
I felt like the banana overpowered the pineapple ( I love bananas but not crazy for banana cakes) perhaps had I made the cream cheese frosting it be better? Not sure, it didn’t stop me from eating it though as I kept tasting to see if I liked it better with each new bite … I will try it again with the cream cheese frosting I’m curious if it will make a diference and bring out the other flavors in the cake
It is very moist as I had expected it to be, and in my opinion it actually tastes better the next day

Hummingbird cake adapated from Joy of baking

No comments:

Post a Comment