"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
-Julia Child

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Tina's Spaghetti









Yesterday I made what I call Tina's spaghetti
It's a simple rustic spaghetti dish with cabbage -perfect for this time of year
Tina is an Italian girl I used to work with , and as a typical Italian woman she would always bring a big lunch to share
I enjoyed almost everything she brought her pasta with eggplant ( julienned eggplant ) but my favorite has to be this very simple Spaghetti with cabbage and at home we all love it also so I make it often in the winter
Here's my version adapted from her recipe
I start by sauteing garlic in olive oil ( 2 cloves ) adding some pepper flakes for a kick - then I add the chopped cabbage ( about 2 cups ) I didn't chop mine too thin I kinda like it this way -splash of wine, one tablespoon of tomato paste -add half a cup of either vegetable stock or even water (as it cooks you may need to add some more ) simmer until cabbage is cooked.Taste for salt -season with black pepper
In a pot cook your spaghetti in well salted water ( save some of the water where you cooked the pasta ) add pasta to cabbage I usually add a couple tablespoons of the water from cooking the pasta. Mix it together and there you go Tina's Pasta !!




No comments:

Post a Comment