"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
-Julia Child

Monday, January 25, 2010

My "Chef's" Knife




My New knife
Have I mentioned how much I love my knife ? I really really do
It’s not an expensive oneor a top of the line one

I bought it at one of the Real Canadian Superstores http://www.presidentschoice.ca/LCLOnline/ and given the price I’m surprised to see how good it is
Perfect for the non chef to use

I find it well balanced it has a good weight , it’s forged german steel blade made in Portugal It seems sturdy enough to stand the abuose I will put it through
I have a santuko by Kitchenaid and so far I’m very pleased with it I use it for all my slicing
My next one will be a Boning knife I may go again with the PC brand will see how this one fairs with use

But my problem now is how to store them ? I don’t have a knife block plus I don’t really want another thing on my kitchen counter so was thinking why not a magnetic holder? I think I read somewhere that the blades get easily scrached –not sure this is true or not but I think I’m going to buy one and try-I like the idea of having them on the wall easily accessible instead of taking up space on the counter or drawers, speaking of drawers my kitchen drawers are in a state of … calamity –mess- disorganized ..

I really need to do something about them –I have Monkey as an excuse for part of the mess but not for the top drawers he can’t reach there yet –and it’s a disaster there too On my next trip to ikea I have to see what drawer solutions they have. One thing is for sure something has to change everytime I open any of those drawers it just annoys me arghh and my pantry that’s getting out of hand too just thinking about it is making me stressed out I should go and empty it and place everything back in order instead of sitting here talking/typing about ..what was this post about? Oh yes my knife –did I mention how much I love it so shiny and sharp I just love chopping with it Ahh... I feel much beter now

No comments:

Post a Comment