"The only real stumbling block is fear of failure. In cooking you've got to have a what-the-hell attitude."
-Julia Child

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

First post

Ok so how do I start this ?
I believe there are 3 types of people in this world : The ones who create and inspire others ; the ones who never do anything, never attempt and are not bothered at all for not having accomplished anything ( I think I envy these just a little) and the 3rd group ( that's where I fall in ) The Frustrated ones; the ones who try and no matter what never seem to get anything right.
Sometimes I wish I could fall in the second category -no dreams of creating something -anything, no worries no disapointment, but then I look at my 2 kids ... what would I be teaching them ? What do I want to teach them ?... Don't try? Give up? ...NO and this is why I 'm here to create a diary of my attempts to cook /bake. Hopefully they will read it in the future. I will chronicle my cooking adventures, my attempts to bake a cake to make that perfect turkey, but if they don't turn out that great ....hey at least I tried !

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I randomly came across your blog when browsing through the daring cook blogroll. I also started my food blog on December 29, 2009! Here's to hope we both succeed in keeping up this blog and in our culinary adventures!

    ReplyDelete